The East Creek Post Cap features a pyramid style metal top over a premium wood base with flat edges. Classic style moulding overlaps a post by 1-1/2". All parts are hand crafted using only the highest quality materials. Choose vertical grain cedar or California redwood. Metal top is available in real copper or real stainless steel. Black and Pewter are powder coated stainless steel.
- Qty: 1 wood post cap with metal top
- Post Cap only - NOT a light
- Pyramid style real metal top in Copper, Black, Pewter or Stainless
- Copper is made of real copper and will patina over time. Use a polyurethane spray or other sealant every 6-12 months (or per instructions) to protect the copper from the elements and keep the shiny copper appearance.
- Stainless is made of real stainless steel.
- Black and Pewter: Powder coating over stainless steel.
- Wood Type: Clear, Vertical Grain Cedar or California Redwood
- Stainless sizes: 4-1/2" to 6"post
- Copper, Black and Pewter sizes: 3-1/2" to 6-1/2" post
- Cedar and Redwood must be treated prior to being installed
- Slip over style for easy installation
- Made in the USA
- Manufacturer: Nantucket Post Cap
- One year manufacturer warranty
Order by post size: Measure the length and width of your post for the best fit. Post Cap opening will be 1/8" larger to allow the wood to naturally expand and contract.
*All measurements shown in inches.
|Post Size||Opening Size||Moulding Height||Product Size (LxWxH)|
|3-1/2"||3-5/8"||1-1/2"||5.75 x 5.75 x 4|
|3-3/4"||3-7/8"||1-1/2"||6 x 6 x 4|
|4"||4-1/8"||1-1/2"||6.25 x 6.25 x 4
|4-1/2"||4-5/8"||1-1/2"||6.75 x 6.75 x 4
|4-3/4"||4-7/8"||1-1/2"||7 x 7 x 4|
|5"||5-1/8"||1-1/2"||7.25 x 7.25 x 4|
|5-1/2"||5-5/8"||1-1/2"||7.75 x 7.75 x 4|
|5-3/4"||5-7/8"||1-1/2"||8 x 8 x 4|
|6"||6-1/8"||1-1/2"||8.25 x 8.25 x 4|
|6-1/2"||6-5/8"||1-1/2"||8.75 x 8.75 x 4|
Other Available Sizes:
- Copper Top available for 7" to 10" Posts
- Black and Pewter are also available for 7" to 9" posts
- Custom sizes: Call or email us for details, pricing and availability.
Post caps are made of clear, vertical grain, kiln-dried redwood or clear western cedar. These wood types are known for their beauty and durability in harsh environments. Cedar resists mold and mildew, plus its low density makes it less likely to swell, warp, cup or twist, as compared to other softer wood types.
Product Care:Nantucket wood products are sold in their "natural" state so they can be stained or painted to match or coordinate with any project. Because post caps are installed horizontally on top of the post, they receive the most sun exposure. Although you may leave cedar posts to weather naturally, to meet warranty requirements all cedar and redwood items must be treated prior to being installed. Apply an exterior urethane stain or paint to all surfaces, including inside and under the base, to ensure long life. Many semi-transparent seals are available for cedar to maintain its natural look, while still protecting the caps.
For a nail-free look, simply apply an exterior marine adhesive like 3M 5200 to the top of the post and slip the post cap over. Stainless steel finish nails may be used as an alternative.
Shipping: This product ships directly from the manufacturer's warehouse in Vermont. Caps are built after order is received. Orders typically ship in 1-4 business days via UPS Ground and arrives within 1-5 business days from ship date.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.